Travel

Amsterdam Love

6/09/2016 Chameleonic360 1 Comments

 What do I think about the red-light district in Amsterdam? 

My feelings inside are really hard to explain and to put into words. Still, I want to give you an insight into my mind. Well, how should I start …
As you all might have noticed, I am really in love with Amsterdam and its unique flair but there is a huge aspect that is kind of destroying this view. The red-light district. Amsterdam in general is in class of its’ own and in my opinion this red area is downgrading Amsterdams highlife. Needless to say, everyone knows about this district but still it was shocking for me when we accidently came across that street. My inner alarm was going on and my protective instinct ringed. Feeling the urge to cover these young and naked girls and women and I quickly understood that there is not much for me to do. The only thing I could do is asking for more morality and not promoting this district and this sort of practices by not walking up and down the street.
Especially, how people, mostly tourists, were behaving shocked me a lot. Walking up and down the street and starring at these women with an amusement, degradation and probably with sexual intentions as if they are animals in a zoo, made me sick. This is again an evidence for me that shows how people have a lack in morality and justice.
It is abstruse for me how these people do not feel the same as I do and are not filled with anger even when it’s just a little bit. Do you have any suggestions how the amount of prostitutes could be reduced?










You Might Also Like

1 Kommentar:

  1. I spent last weekend in Amsterdam. When was your stay? Maybe we saw each other ;) I didn´t visit the red light district and while reading your lines I´m happy that I didn´t accidently came across that street.
    Lots of love, Ina

    AntwortenLöschen