Travel

Ubud- Rice Terrace, Monkey Forest and more

9/13/2016 Chameleonic360 2 Comments


Ubud was on the top of my to see list. Having done some research about this area and about the things you could do in this area, I quickly fell in love into this place by only looking at the pictures. In general, I wanted to plan everything more spontaneously so that I could stay at one place longer just in case I liked it too much. Since everyone else is not like me and book their hotels way earlier I had a hard time finding the perfect hotel. Still, I am quite satisfied or better said really overwhelmed by the Green Spirit Hotel. This hidden beauty is surrounded by jungle and with hidden I mean hidden. I couldn't find it even the taxi driver couldn't so I was walking along the main street with no walk footpath. This experience wasn't the best since I had to carry my big luggage which was full of my stuff that I need for 6 months. Nevertheless, after having arrived all of this stressful moment didn't matter anymore.

What to do in Ubud?

I have to admit that Ubud is full of tourists that's why I tried to find places that are not too much crowded. Firstly, it is important to rent a motorbike because many things you can do are in a 30 minutes distance. The motor bike costs you around 65-90k.
I visited the Karsa cafe which you can also reach by walking starting from the center. This place was quiet and you can enjoy the beautiful rice terraces. After having a healthy drink here I drove to the bigger rice terraces Ceking and Tegalalang. 
The next day I went to the monkey forest which is basically in the center of Ubud and to the Tegenungen Waterfalls. This Forest costs you around 40k and you can also buy some bananas to attract the monkeys but you don't need to since they are just everywhere. The Tegenungen waterfalls were beautiful but you should be there early before the place is filled with tourists.
Last but not least you should definitely go and see the Kecak Dance that costs around 75k. I didn't really understand the story that is being shown but the dance and all the figures, sounds and costumes were amazing and caught my full attention.


Where to eat?
I totally fall for the Indian cuisine and thats why I can only recommend you to go to the restaurant Little India. It is definitely good quality for little money. For even less money I visited Mama's Warung and having nothing to complain. 

If you visit Ubud just try to get a hotel that is not really in the center rather than has a good view and surrounding otherwise the center could be to chaotic for you because of the traffic and the huge run. I think 3 night and 4 days are enough for but if you have more time than you should stay longer.






I'm wearing:
Dress: Rosewholesale
Shades: Zeouruv
Sandals: Mango
Backpack: Vintage

You Might Also Like

Kommentare: